Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Chips
Recipe courtesy of Miranda Jade of www.GlutenFreeHelp.info
2 (8-oz.) garnet yams or sweet potatoes, cut into very thin rounds
3 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp garam masala
¼ tsp coarse sea salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Soft Goat Cheese (optional)
1. Place yam slices on a large microwave-safe plate. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high 3 mins, or until almost tender. Let cool.
2. Heat an outdoor gas grill, or prepare coals for a charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat.
3. Brush Yams with butter and sprinkle with garam masala, salt and pepper.
4. Grill yams, keeping the grill lid closed as much as possible, until lightly charred, aprox 5 min. Turning as they brown and brushing sides with additional butter and spices as cooking.
5. Remove from heat and place in serving dish with sprinkled soft goat cheese while still hot so cheese melts a little.
Serve with a delicious sauce or condiment of choice!
Follow Miranda Jade www.GlutenFreeHelp.info :