Kale & Walnut Pesto
Recipe courtesy of OutoftheBoxFood.com
Special Equipment: Food Processor
Time: 5 minutes
Serves: makes approximately 1 cup pesto
- 2 cups roughly torn kale, any variety (approximately 3 large stems, tough stalk removed)
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp small walnut pieces, toasted* (*see below)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil) in the food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Turn food processor to on and with food processor running, slowly drizzle olive oil over the ingredients until incorporated.
- Turn off food processor and remove pesto to jar.
*For Toasted Walnuts:
- Line a small baking sheet or pie plate with foil and add walnut pieces.
- Preheat toaster oven to 350.
- Bake until lightly golden and fragrant (1-2 minutes) shaking pan occasionally for even cooking.
- **Walnuts can also be toasted in a small dry skillet over medium heat.
- Over pasta
- Over grilled meats, chicken or fish
- As a sandwich (or grilled panini) spread
As a dip for baked pita chips, fresh pita, focaccia or other soft bread
Follow Out of the Box Food on: