Recipe and post courtesy of Miranda Jade– GlutenFreeHelp.info
I love spending time at my local farmer’s market. Being able to get fresh ingredients makes all the difference in the flavor of my food. This is a fun recipe that I like making on a lazy Sunday for brunch but it can be made for really any meal.
Yield: 1 medium Frittata with 4 small slices
- Walnut oil or coconut oil – other kind will do fine
- ¾ cup Zucchini shredded and let sit to “sweat and drain”- pat dry
- 4 small or one large red pepper sliced thin
- 6 Ripe small cherry tomatoes – sliced into rounds not chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Large grade a room temp eggs
- 5-6 Round slices hormone free salami sliced paper thin
- 1 Spring fresh rosemary for garnish as well as inside tart
- 3 Tablespoons cream or half and half (optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Two pinches fresh cracked white pepper
- Addtl. Salt and pepper to taste
- Oven safe skillet or pan
- Optional: cheese of choice
- Preheat oven 375 °
- Place approx. 2Tbl oil in pan and heat high on stove.
- Add peppers and tomatoes and turn down heat.
- Stir until golden and soft.
- Add rosemary.
- Remove items in pan and set aside.
- Add all the shredded zucchini to same oily pan and spread evenly – turn heat up and let cook on medium.
- Watch so as not to burn them but have them get cooked and golden on bottom from oil and juices from previous veggies (around 8 minutes).
- Take the edges and scoot the outer mixture toward the middle making a round Tart and even in height.
- Top with your mixture of peppers, tomatoes and rosemary.
- Let cook a bit longer until veggies seem softened and no longer raw.
- Add sliced salami to the top.
- Whisk your eggs (and cream if you want to add some), salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture slowly to center of your tart.
- Allow egg to permeate the veggies.
- Some will try and seep out of sides – use spatula to tuck back under.
- Reduce heat until it start to firm on bottom and continues to cook the veggies (you can add more salami to the top too).
- Place in center of rack of your preheated oven for about 6-7 minutes.
- You may add shredded or thin slices of cheese at this stage.
- Keep an eye on it. You want it to firm up yet remain moist.
- Do not to overlook.
- Take out and gently transfer to a dish or platter.
- Add your garnish of fresh rosemary and allow the oils from your pan to transfer (Italians love oil and so do I!)
Enjoy with a salad, as an appetizer with small slices, for breakfast as-is or any way your heart desires.
Note: be sure your pan or skillet is oven safe.
Follow Miranda Jade www.GlutenFreeHelp.info :