Principal mixologist and founder of Drink Chic, Michelle Betwarda, holds a passion for creating innovative cocktails that utilize only the freshest and most natural ingredients. Raised in a home where fresh herbs were used in the preparation of daily meals and seasonal fruit was a snack not to be skipped, Michelle decided to introduce the use of herbs and fruits in cocktail preparation. Born and raised in Los Angeles, Michelle found inspiration for the art of mixology and the possibilities have proven to be endless.
Blood Orange Martini
Recipe courtesy of Michelle at Drink Chic
- 1.5 – 2 ounces of quality vodka
- Juice of one blood orange
- Half a lime
- 1 ounce Club soda
- 1.5 ounces San Pellegrino Sparkling beverage in blood orange flavor
- Pour the vodka into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Add the juice of the blood orange and lime and shake vigorously for a few seconds to incorporate.
- Strain and pour into a martini glass and top with the club soda and the San Pellegrino Sparkling beverage in blood orange flavor.
- Garnish with a thin blood orange wedge, serve and enjoy!
Tip: Feel free to adjust the amount of club soda versus the San Pellegrino Sparkling beverage in blood orange flavor based on how sweet you prefer your drinks. More club soda for a less sweeter taste.
Drink Chic was launched in response to years of creating signature
cocktails for special events and aims to bring the health conscious
movement to the cocktail scene.